Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Depending on the opposite...

I'm trying something new lately, inspired directly by Seinfeld (the show, not the guy). Remember that episode where George does the opposite of is first impulse? Well, say hello to my new lifestyle. The plan is to avoid initial impulses and sit back. Sort of like an angry husband (or Tawny Kitaen, or however you spell her name) are supposed to count to ten after getting angry, well that's what I'm doing. My first month in a new apartment was spent without cable or internet, which resulted in constantly watching DVDs because God forbid there is a quiet moment. Seinfeld season 5 (or 6, can't remember, whichever one Santa gave me that one Christmas and by Santa I mean Kathy) was heavy in the rotation, hence the new lifestyle and outlook. Meet a girl? I'll hold off on making plans but she's welcome to call me. Hear about a job prospect or a freelance opportunity? I'll submit some clips but if I don't do it today I'll do it tomorrow, and if the job is gone when I get there then so be it, I have enough money coming in to buy High Life, pay rent and pay Comcast (which includes Internet and cable and phone, though I don't own a telephone and haven't had a land line since 2002 but with this phone I'll be able to buzz people into my building from the comforts of the 3rd floor instead of walking down to the lobby to let them in, another move motivated by watching Seinfeld, plus the phone service only cost and extra $7 and hooray for package deals).

Since this is the first post in a long time and I'm in the writing spirit I'd like to say that this will be the first of many new posts, everyday at the least, but to be honest I doubt that will happen. In the spirit of my new opposite-of-my-impulse POV I can honestly say it may be two months before I post again. I thought they would have deleted this blog sight by now, but once again Goulash sneaks under the radar.

By the by, I was watching Mad Men on AMC recently On Demand (digital cable is my heroin) and not only is the main character named Don, but on episode two he ordered Goulash at a swank Manhattan restaurant. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I wanted to put that on the table for further investigation.

More to come, maybe, depending on (the opposite) of how I feel.

Why is spell check telling me to capitalize internet? I'm not doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

because the Internet is our lord like Yahweh