Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Which led me to...

I was doing some research for work tonight which led me to a MySpace page which led to a blog which led to the below video. I've heard this before but I can't remember where, I'm sleepy and should have crashed two hours ago but that's an old story especially since my late (ish) night led me to this song and it was good to hear it again. I've been in a mood for ambient music lately, but maybe more on that later because right now it's past bedtime. It could be the simplicity of the song, the lack of words (very welcome lately) or the current overcast Chicago sky, but I'm looking forward to how this will affect my day tomorrow when I listen to it at work.




Update: The song has been good to me and it's called "Recurring" by Bonobo. It's now mid PM and I've been wearing that song out along with the newest single from Queens of the Stone Age which was featured on All Songs Considered last week. I've heard mixed reviews on Queens' latest album but I personally love it the same way I love Interpol's new album because it's just more music from a great band. Maybe it isn't all great the first listen (though it was for me) but their songs really build momentum for me the more time goes on. Try to find time and give it a listen, but definitely find time to listen to All Songs Considered. The NPR staple is one of the best radio music shows on the air and it's available for free stream for those rare moments when a break from the Current is needed.

No comments: