Friday, November 17, 2006

It isn't fair to judge...


I woke up tired and a little hung over this morning (four High Lifes turned into nine) and felt like a different person as I was getting ready for work, but I felt better after a shower and putting on my shoes, which for some reason helps me wake up. A little coffee also helped. Money is tight right now, which is fine, and brewing coffee at home is a nice way to save a couple of bucks instead of droping dimes at Starbucks, even though there are apparently some interesting yet very lame ways around that.

Some new books which I would like to read are on the shelves and the Onion A.V. Club has articles relating to two of them. The first is Random Rules with Marisha Pessl. Her book sounds good and the photo doesn't hurt. The only thing better than a pretty girl who can write a good story is an astronaut who gives you free ice cream. I almost hate to bring that up because it isn't fair to judge her book by her own looks but she's definately easier on the eyes than some authors.

An interview with Chuck Klosterman talks a lot about his writing process and that’s the stuff I personally really enjoy, especially after applying to some publications and recently hearing back about possibly hearing back. Reading stuff like this helps me stay patient, which is difficult knowing that there are people in the world dressed just like me accomplishing more with less time…



Side note: Microsoft Word didn’t recognize the word Klosterman and suggested I replace it with Lobsterman. Lobsterman made me laugh more than I care to admit, which is perfect for a Friday.

More to come…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are regularly posting D.G.

And speaking of 9 High Lifes, you are coming back for Black Out Wednesday, correct?