Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Asleep at the wheel...

I don't think anything an artist does can undo the good stuff that he or she has already done. An image can be tarnished and character can be damaged but nothing can affect the random good stuff which has already happened in the past. Examples: OJ killed his wife but USC will always have his Heismen trophy, Michael Jackson may be weird but "Rock With You" will always be a good song, Dan Akroyd has made some questionable choices for movie roles but the brilliance of Ghostbusters can never be undone. Michael Richards had a public breakdown but he had some pretty memorable TV moments back in the day.



In the past, Guns n' Roses have made some awesome music but they haven't been around for a long time. The current version of Guns n' Roses is just a cover band. Recently The Eagles of Death Metal, one of my personal favorites, was tapped to support Guns n' Roses on their recent tour and were dropped very quickly. You can/should take a moment to read about it here. What bothers me most of all is that while driving back to my parent's for Thanksgiving last Wednesday I was falling asleep at the wheel, and Peace, Love and Death Metal woke me up. I listened to it front to back and was reminded of how awsome that album is, only to read that a wash-up like Axl Rose is talking down on another band, let alone a great band, as if anyone still cares what Axl Rose thinks.

Sweet Child of Mine will always be a fantasmo song but I hate Axl Rose, and his face lifts.

More to come...

No comments: