Monday, December 18, 2006

All Time Favorite...


After watching the Hawkeyes get smoked I had some projects to work on Saturday night and I had SNL on TV as I worked. I ended up not getting much done until the episode was over because it was really good. I've always been a fan of SNL and though they've been less than their best recently, especially earlier this season, last week with Annette Bening and this past weekend with Justin Timberlake have been dynamite. The Hugh Laurie episode was good too, though I must admit that I haven't watched every second of this season. The digital shorts are getting better as well. I had long hoped that the shorts would start to take a more prominent role in the show as they did back when Albert Brooks started doing them, but they have gone back and forth over the last decade. Since Lazy Sunday they seem to be more of a feature, which is great because my all time favorite SNL clip is a short.


This past Saturday had a very fantastic video and the rest of the episode had me laughing as well. NBC currently has a bunch of clips from the season up here. They might not work if you have a Mac or you might have to download a Windows media player but it's worth it.

As everyone already knows from all the articles and info written about Lazy Sunday, some of the new blood (last year) who are doing the shorts are (is?) The Lonely Island. They have all kinds of good stuff on their sight, and lots of it.


It's also no secret that I enjoy Tanqueray, though I haven't enjoyed it lately because I'm broke. Early this morning I got a text message from my brother Dante which compared me to Tony Sinclair, the current spokesman for the product and suffice to say it was an awesome thing to start my day. So awesome I was twenty minutes late for work.

I've been watching The Office on DVD since I don't currently have cable. Not having cable isn't a big deal since this never ever gets old.*






*For those of you who think the Goulash Chronicles are getting a little too close to repeating itself with this post, I thank you for paying such close attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harold's six piece is hilarious...

and who's Office DVD's might those be?

Don Goulash said...

You'll get them back when I get back Igby Goes Down, old friend. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm working on a screenplay about tailgating and I'm still stuck on the first page.