Friday, December 29, 2006

It's Been a Good One...


Today is my last day as a temp, and I'm celebrating by reading a lot of newspaper articles as opposed to working. Some stuff I've read:

Bobby Knight has been a favorite of mine ever since he was a favorite of my grandpa's. Knight used to make appearances at Iowa Farmer's Conventions and my grandpa always enjoyed it. I'd like to see B. Knight keep winning, if for no other reason than to give Steve Alford something to do with his time since things in Iowa haven't been very exciting for him. I'm going to the Hawkeye's basketball game tomorrow and I'm super excited to go to Carver. It's an old favorite.

I haven't decided if I'm driving to Iowa City late tonight or early tomorrow. It's not an exciting drive but it's an easy drive there from Chicago. I'm glad I'm not in Florida or I may have to worry abut getting lost like this guy.

I'm a big fan of rough drafts, revision is my favorite part of the writing process. However, I usually get rid of old drafts if I no longer need them because you never know what trouble they will get you into. Sometimes you think an article can't possibly live up to it's fantastic headline, but sometimes it just gets better.

All the holiday driving I've been doing lately mixed with preparing for a move and working some extra hours has left little time to excersise, not like I excercise much to begin with but it's made me feel a little sluggish. As much as I want to stay in shape I'm bored with excerscise. I have a lot of respect for people who can go to the gym everyday, except for the people who like to brag about how much they go to the gym and try to put down those of us who stuggle with motivation for excercise. If you're one of these people there's something you need to know. I don't find it fun and the "reward" it poses is hard for me to keep in sight, so I'm constantly looking for new fitness routines and experiments. What guarantees my further avoidance of excersise is my brother giving me his old X-Box for Christmas and a sweet new game which is right up my alley, so video games seem to be creeping into my life. I've never been into the video game culture but it seems fun and way better than Yoga.

And finally, this link was sent to me recently with, "My favorite link of the year..." as the subject line, and after reading it I must agree. The first picture of the fire pit is the current desktop on my MacBook. Thanks to R. Smart for the link.

There it is, the last of the Random Good Stuff for 2006. The last entry I make while I should be doing work at my temp job. It's been a good one, a good relocation to Chicago, a good time painting my parent's house this summer, a good trip to Kansas City to blow the money I had saved to buy an ipod on an Eagles of Death Metal concert, a good visit to Minneapolis to finally see the Walker Museum of Art, a good trip to Boston on my brother's birthday to get drunk on Magic Hat #9 which is one of my all time favorite beers as a tornado ripped through Iowa City, and a good year to start a blog. I hope 2006 has been equally as awesome for readers of The Goulash Chronicles. See you next year, GoonBots.

3 comments:

Little Dynamite said...

The bee link was awesome...and Belushi is God.

KAY CEE Zeen said...

it's sad that no one that looks like this could ever become a legitimate entertainer anymore. but that voice, lookin like a crack head (who know's what he was on), but just golden. no choreographed dances, no pre-recorded backtracks.

this is far before my time, but i can still say, those were the days

KAY CEE Zeen said...

oh, and the bee's were fucking mighty